There are around 200 companies in Belgium operating in the biotech sector. Collectively, these companies employ more than 20,000 people. These biotech companies are active in the healthcare and bio-economics sectors, or are suppliers to the life science industry. BDO is the fifth-largest audit and consultancy firm in the world, operating in over 150 countries. It is very active in the segment of high-tech and rapidly-growing companies that focus on innovation.
BDO will help you with what you’re looking for:
- Tax credit / investment deduction for research & development
- Investment deduction for ecologically-friendly investments
- Exemption with regard to patent income
- Exemption with regard to payment of income withholding tax for scientific staff / young innovative companies
- Special tax system for foreign researchers
- Innovation premiums for personnel
- Tax regime concerning regional subsidies
- Tax regime concerning the provision of risk capital
- Tax regime concerning the provision of loans via a crowdfunding platforms
For more information you can consult the BDO TMT blog.