Import license ‘E.T. 14000’: refund of advance payment before end of 2016
22 September 2016
VAT payers that have an import license E.T. 14000 can apply a reverse charge mechanism for import VAT towards the periodical VAT return if they pay an advance payment (or caution). This allows them not having to pay VAT at the moment of import. On 1 January 2013 this advance payment was abolished. During a transition period, license holders could request the amount to be refunded through the periodical VAT return. This transition period is now coming to an end by end of 2016.
Refund request before end of 2016
VAT payers that have not yet request the refund of the advance payment still have the time to do so before end of 2016:
- through the periodical VAT return of 20/12/2016 for monthly filers, together with a refund request addressed to the VAT inspection;
- through the periodical VAT return of 20/10/2016 for VAT payers that file on a quarterly basis, together with a refund request addressed to the VAT inspection.
Without a refund request the advance payment will be lost.
Should you have any further question or require a personal advice with respect to the impact of these rules on your company, please contact your usual contact person at BDO or you may send an email to [email protected] for the attention of one of the members of the VAT Competence Centre:
- Erwin Boumans, 02/778.01.00
- Brigitte Braeckmans, 03/230.58.40
- Pascal Dauw, 09/210.54.10
- Kaatje Bondewel, 02/778.01.00