How can you ensure harmony within the family as well as the continuity of the family company?
04 May 2022
Did you know that, in Belgium alone, 77% of the companies are family-owned? Consequently, managing them properly is of paramount importance. Easier said than done as running a family business involves many challenges. Think of unexpected market changes, a sudden death or a lack of clear agreements, for example.
However, family harmony and business continuity can indeed go perfectly hand-in-hand. Our white paper provides you with information on determining future prospects and the ownership structure and how to align family and company interests. In addition, we discuss the three essential components of well-structured, and therefore successful, transfers.
The following topics are covered in this white paper:
- Introduction: which challenges do family companies face?
- Have the future perspectives of the family company been adequately clarified?
- What does the future ownership structure look like?
- How do you reconcile family interests with business interests?
- How can a process-based approach contribute to a successful succession?
- The BDO family companies service