Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Via intelligent software (software robots), Robotic Process Automation (RPA) takes over manual, repetitive tasks from employees.Despite far-reaching automation and digitisation, at this point in time not all systems work optimally together. To nevertheless fully execute business processes, data is retrieved from multiple systems and applications and manually input by employees. These tasks are often repetitive and monotonous.
The transfer of all data between non-linked systems (where either no API interface is available or it is too expensive to use) can be processed with RPA.
The inputting of VAT returns into national and European government systems, the entering of holidays and sick days into the systems of a social secretariat, and the transfer of price data on a website to an internal planning system are just a few specific examples.
Benefits of RPA
- Higher quality & accuracy
- Lower cost
- Maximum flexibility - 24/7
- Error Reduction
- Higher productivity
- Greater employee satisfaction
Possible application of RPA
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Creating reports using information from different sources
- Serving as an interface for non-connected systems
- Checking large quantities of data on the basis of deviations, only requiring employees to focus on the exceptions
- Transferring data during the launch of new systems or during integrations (e.g. an acquisition)
- Complying with laws and regulations