The road to a well-designed cyber environment
Cyber threats continuously grow in size and complexity, and the risk of being attacked as an organisation has increased significantly over the years. The right technology in the right place is therefore essential for your organisation. However, the road to a well-designed cyber environment, using the right technologies, is not always clear:
- How do I take care of the company data and crown jewels, and are these properly protected against cyber-attacks?
- How do I ensure that the organisation’s technologies remain up-to-date and that weaknesses remain under control?
- How do I ultimately know whether all the security measures will help against hackers?
- What should I do to be in line with laws and regulations?
Technology as part of the solution
For BDO, a well-designed cyber environment consists of a clear understanding of the current status and adequate and appropriate security measures and services that are continuously kept up to date. Security and penetration tests by experienced ethical hackers are the best ways to gain good and independent insight into the actual state of security of your IT infrastructure and the application landscape. As an expert, BDO helps you towards a sound cyber environment through three specific services.
- Access Management | An examination of the logical access control to the applications and operating systems by which you gain insight into whether rules and policy prescriptions are followed correctly.
- Vulnerability Assessment | An assessment of your internal network and identification of the vulnerabilities that are located on and/or between servers, workstations and other devices connected to the internal network.
- Penetration Testing | An ethical and controlled external attack on your IT infrastructure or application landscape based on a clear scope and concrete objectives. Penetration testing is offered in several forms of testing; white box (based on information known in advance), grey box (based on limited information) and black box (without information).
Our services are offered as a one-off assignment (e.g. one white-box penetration test), combined (e.g. first a black-box test followed by a white-box test) or as part of periodic testing (e.g. quarterly vulnerability scan on the internal network).
Are you interested in how BDO can help you find a practical solution to get your cybersecurity up to standard? Contact one of our specialists for a no-obligation introduction.