Local Tax Advice for Companies
Your tax affairs deserve sustainable solutions and personal involvement
Every year tax legislation gets increasingly complicated, which isn’t news really. But can you still see the forest for the trees? What about your accountant? Does your accountant master European and international regulations as well as (s)he does those that are local, regional or national? Additionally, (s)he may have more - or even much more - to do than simply keeping your tax policy in a healthy state of balance.
Tax issues are, in principle, about figures and rules, but at BDO we look beyond that. We understand that there are people behind those issues. You can count on our knowledge and expertise for every tax issue that you encounter, whether as a private individual or with regard to your company. But what you can count on most of all is our personal long-term commitment. Taking this personal relationship as a point of departure, we are happy to look after your interests and assist you with your correspondence with the tax authorities.
We search for sustainable, long-term solutions. We convert tax law and regulations into customised advice for your personal or business situation: workable and efficient. Not only that, but it’s done correctly and credibly for your organisation or business as well.
More than 100 Belgian tax consultants and lawyers look after your private and professional interests
It is precisely because Belgian tax law is so complex with rules subject to constant change that this offers so many opportunities. And this on the condition that the tax assistance is undergirded by extensive practical experience and the correct insights into every aspect of material that is - nevertheless - sensitive. Nobody wants to put the reputation of his or her business on the line. And neither do we!
Our multidisciplinary team of tax consultants - both generalists and experts in specific tax disciplines - contribute solutions where you will not always expect them, for example, where your private and professional assets overlap. Of course, all of this is carried out in consultation with your accountant, registered auditor or other partners. Our solutions are customised to your situation, and our experts are also available abroad, for those who hope to expand beyond Belgium’s borders. Thanks to its global network, BDO masters tax regulations in several countries. You will receive clear advice on every issue that might pop up during expansion abroad.
BDO will help you with what you’re looking for
- Support in starting up your activities
- Support in tax obligations
- Support in tax audits and throughout the tax procedure
- Requests for preliminary rulings
- Advice with regard to tax incentives
- Structuring of immovable property
- Structuring of intellectual property
- Restructuring (merger - demerger)
- Due diligence and pre as well as post acquisition structuring
- Pension advice
- Tax accounting
- Tax & legal assistance at the start-up of your activity
Specialisations in the area of tax advice
BDO also has tax advisers who are specialised in a specific field of expertise:
- Indirect taxes: family asset management support: inheritance law, matrimonial property law, gift and inheritance tax, and related tax and other regulations
- International tax support
- International mobility: tax and legal advice with regard to international employment
- Transfer Pricing