Non-veggie BDO Pasta
21 February 2022
Ingredients two persons
- 250 g pork mince or sausage meat or two sausages to be opened
- 4 slices of pancetta
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 large red onion (or two small ones)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 g pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 good tablespoons of mascarpone (not obligatory but more delicious)
- Espelette pepper
How to prepare
- Chop the red onion and fry it in a small pan with a tablespoon of olive oil
- When the onion is almost tender, add the meat and cook on a high heat for 3-4 minutes and then return to a low heat and halfway through the cooking (meat is pink) add the minced garlic clove, the tomatoes, the aubergine and the courgette cut into small cubes, mix with a wooden spoon and scrape the bottom to detach the juices from the meat and then leave to cook on a medium heat;
- While the vegetables and meat are cooking, toast (light brown) the pine nuts in a hot pan with the pancetta in small strips (no need for oil, the fat from the pancetta is sufficient).
- Prepare a pan of salted water in which to cook your pasta in.
- When the courgettes and aubergines are cooked to your liking (crunchy or tender) - start cooking your pasta - add two tablespoons of mascarpone (you can replace the two tablespoons of mascarpone with a good piece of gorgonzola), salt (be careful, minced pork is almost always seasoned and so is gorgonzola... go ahead and document it), pepper, oregano and Espelette pepper (a little bit) and mix gently to loosen the sauce. .) and mix gently to loosen the mascarpone or gorgonzola in the juice of your vegetables and obtain a sauce.... do not forget to taste to validate that the seasoning is to your taste...if not add some more spice 😊
- Drain your pasta leaving a little water to add to the sauce
Serve your pasta hot in a soup plate, add a dollop of your sauce and top with the toasted pine nuts, toasted pancetta and a little fresh oregano and basil
For those who love cheese on pasta, add a little parmesan cheese!
Enjoy your meal & share your creation of the BDO pasta on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #BDOpasta & tag @BDO Belgium!