Veggie BDO Pasta
21 February 2022
Ingredients two persons
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 large red onion (or two small ones)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 g pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 good tablespoons of mascarpone (not obligatory but more delicious)
- Espelette pepper
How to prepare
- Chop the red onion and fry it in a small pan with a tablespoon of olive oil
- When the onion is almost tender add a tablespoon of olive oil, the chopped garlic clove, the aubergine and the courgette cut into small cubes and leave on a medium heat
- While the vegetables are cooking, toast the pine nuts in a hot pan with or without oil, depending on your taste.
- Prepare a pan of salted water in which to cook your pasta in.
- When the courgettes and aubergines are cooked to your liking (crunchy or soft) - start cooking your pasta - add two tablespoons of mascarpone (you can replace the two tablespoons of mascarpone with two tablespoons of olive oil or a good piece of gorgonzola), salt (be careful if you use gorgonzola, it is already quite salty), pepper, oregano and Espelette pepper (a little bit) and mix gently to soften the sauce and mix gently to loosen the mascarpone or gorgonzola in the juice of your vegetables.... do not forget to taste to validate that the seasoning is to your taste...if not add some more spice 😊
- Drain your pasta, leaving a little water to add to the sauce
Serve your pasta hot in a soup plate, add a dollop of your sauce and add the toasted pine nuts and a little oregano on top
For those who love cheese on pasta, add a little parmesan cheese!
Enjoy your meal & share your creation of the BDO pasta on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #BDOpasta & tag @BDO Belgium!