The "BDO Healthcare sector group" specialises in financial, tax, legal and operational services to the various actors in the healthcare sector. The BDO Healthcare team consists of a multidisciplinary group of specialists. Our activities include but are not limited to control and consultancy assignments (tax, legal and operational services) for various care institutions such as hospitals, resting homes, care institutions for handicapped peoples, CAWs (“centres for general wellbeing work”) and first-line care providers.
BDO Healthcare is also involved in specific product development, organises healthcare seminars and periodically publishes information about and for the care sector.
Thanks to our expertise in over 100 housing and care projects, as well as around 20 hospitals, various care institutions for handicapped peoples and CAWs, we know the specific needs and issues of the healthcare sector and of our clients, which enables us to provide them with tailor-made advice.
- Financial audits, including not only the legally required inspection of the annual accounts but also ad hoc audits at the request of the Board, management, etc.
- Internal audit assignments
- Consultancy in safety
- Support in accreditation processes
- RIZIV/INAMI (health and disability insurance) optimisation
- Devising strategic plans in the care sector in the framework of VIPA (Flemish infrastructure fund for personal wellbeing) procedures
- Operational audits
- Financial analyses and due diligence activities
- Valuations of housing and care project centres, real estate corporations, etc.
- Financial, tax and legal support during takeovers, both on the purchasing and selling sides
- Accounting services (book keeping, drafting the annual accounts and internal reports)
- Support in drafting and optimising cash flows and operational budgets
- Tax advice, including a tax “quick scan”, which quickly and efficiently identifies any technical risks with regard to tax and VAT, as well as opportunities.
- Corporate housekeeping and legal “quick scans", which give you the assurance that legal requirements and formalities are being met.
- Interim management